This first week back of my last semester has been very busy but also quite exciting. I started my field work/internship at Emerson, Lima Senior High on Monday. I have already been involved in meetings and groups (these were meetings and groups with the students at Emerson). School social work is a very diverse and complex area of social work. You are not only working with the students. You are also working with the students' families, the staff at Emerson, and staff at the students' home schools.
On Tuesday, the students participating in field attend two classes--Social Work Capstone and Field Work Seminar. These classes are meant to get us thinking about our role as social workers as well as our own field experiences. I have to tell you, I o feel a bit overwhelmed. Even though I am only taking two classes, I also attend two classes one day a week. There are quite a few assignments that will keep me very busy. Also, I attend field every week on Monday and Wednesday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. When I get back from field, I also feel like I need a nap.
I have also started working out with a friend. We go every night for an hour. It is a really good idea for both of us. We want to get in shape. I have been going to the BFR (Bluffton Family Recreation Center). We walk or run on the track and use the workout equipment.
I am still working on applying for graduate school and jobs. It is going slowly, but it will get done.
I am planning on going to a movie tonight with friends. It should be a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment