I have been keeping very busy with school and my field placement. I have had a chance to experience numerous things, including calling an ambulance and attending meetings to assess a child. My field has given me great insight into social work and the education system.
This past weekend was a four day weekend. Emerson was closed Friday and Monday, so I also had those days off. I decided to go home. I had a chance to relax a bit. However, we were hit with terrible snow and ice on Monday. In my attempts to get back to Bluffton, I became entangled in the snowstorm. I ended up at a gas station with a broken windshield wiper. Luckily, my dad was able to come help me, but I ended up staying in Upper Sandusky last night. The roads were just too bad to drive on.
This morning, the roads were cleared off some, but they were still slick. I slid a couple of times in my effort to get back to campus. Much to my disappointment, class was cancelled. After I had made an effort to get back to campus!!!
On a positive note, I heard back from one of the places I applied to. While the position was filled, my resume was forwarded onto other employers in the company. That is a definite positive!
No comments:
Post a Comment