Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am ready for spring break! Today has been a crazy day!

I had class this morning. I also went to forum today. Sister Helen Prajean spoke. She is a nun from Louisiana who has spoken out against the death penalty. She tells a compelling tale and weaves her life stories into effortless tales. Her encounter with an inmate (the first death row inmate she met)was made into the movie Dead Man Walking, which is a great movie. Her life and advocacy for equal justice and treatment of all really makes one think.

I had to go to Findlay today. Oh was it crazy! I was gone for three and a half hours. Two and a half of those hours were spent getting to and from Findlay. The roads are flooded and there was an accident!

When I got back, I attended a dinner with Sister Helen. A few other students and staff were present. It was a nice way to finish out the evening... At least until I exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment