Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Night with Friends

Today was a lot of fun!

12:00
After my classes were finished, I met with the other officers of the Social Work Club. Today was our first meeting of the year. It seemed to be really productive. I am the secretary, and it is nice to have a more active role than I did last year. That is one thing that I love about Bluffton-you get the chance to really be involved. We talked about some of the events we want to hold this year, and I think it will be a lot of fun for everyone. Some of our ideas include a Back to School Pizza Party and a Trick-or-Canning (the collection of canned goods around Halloween).

2:00
I also had my meeting with Professor Heather Koontz. She is one of the three social work professors on campus. The seniors are getting ready for field placement or internships. It is a very exciting time that is also filled with a bit of nervous energy. It is a new step... One that I am looking forward to but am also kind of worried about. I think it is like a Catch 22 in that way. No right answer, per se. This is the beginning of my journey, and I am looking forward to where it might take me.

5:15
My friends and I headed to the Beer Barrel in Lima. Don't let the name fool you-we went there for the PIZZA! I got the lasagna and ordered a small pizza for tomorrow. Both were good... but the lasagna was AMAZING! Really, really good. :) Very cheesy and saucy. Mmmm... Two of the girls who went were my freshmen floor mates three years ago. It is amazing that I have re-connected with old friends as my time at Bluffton begins to wind down.

11:30
Now I am getting ready to watch a movie: Couples Retreat with my roommate and boyfriend. Woohoo.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment