What brightens up a day (one that has been less than positive) more than lunch outside (Other than pizza last night at our first Art Club meeting)? A frisbee that changes colors in the sunlight acting as a tray. Let me back up and explain: Today was the President’s Forum. President Harder spoke today about the future of Bluffton. It is very exciting to hear about all the new places and changes that are coming our way. Anyhow, President Harder announced that the new Health and Fitness Center is close to breaking ground. It will be built behind Marbeck Commons, where the old softball field used to be. While I will not see the facility built during my time here at Bluffton, it is certainly an exciting renovation that is soon to take place!
Lunch consisted of hotdogs, hamburgers, brats, veggie burgers, potato chips, coleslaw, corn, and cheesy broccoli casserole. Let me tell you that there is nothing like a lunch outside (on such a gloriously beautiful day) to cheer a person up. I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose, a sore throat, and a headache. A lunch outside was just the ticket—I felt better just being outside.
After my afternoon class and work, a few friends and I went into town (along Main Street here in Bluffton). We headed to the Etcetera Shop. It is a thrift store here in town. We had a business fair last week (it’s an annual event), where all of the local businesses come to advertise their shops and restaurants. We can pick up free things, and one of those is a plastic bag that allows us to fill the bag full with clothes. Whatever is in there is ours at no charge from the Etcetera Shop. Next, we headed to Ten Thousand Villages-a fair trade store that has items made by people all over the world. It is one of my favorite stores in town. The things are so amazing—very colorful and creative. I also recommend the Dough Hook. It is the local butcher shop that also happens to make baked goods. They have some of the best cinnamon rolls ever! Yum! I love the town of Bluffton, and I think that it is really homey!
That is one of the most amazing and important things to mention about this town: you feel welcome. It becomes a part of your life and who you are. You become a Bluffton Beaver through the university and the community!
No comments:
Post a Comment