It is amazing how fast a weekend can go by when you have so much to do! I think there is something about the time-space continuum that just makes weekends speed up! It seems like it only just begins and then is gone! This, my friend, is why I did not post this weekend. Busy days are preceded by more busy days!
Friday
My Friday afternoon was packed full of stuff to do! I had my social work club meeting at noon. That always entails a lot of hard work. It is worth it when the events are finalized, but there is a lot of work that must be done to make those events possible. We were discussing some upcoming fundraisers, as well as our back to school event. That event is this Friday, and it should be fun.
Afterwards, I headed into Lima with a few people from my Practice 3: Macro class. For this class, we have are working with a group in Lima, Ohio. It is our goal to improve the relationships between the community members and the local businesses and organizations. I and two others went to the library in Lima to do some background research. That is one of the good things about social work classes--you get out into the community. However, it is also a time-consuming project. It is about coordinating schedules. Following the trip to the library, we went to the Allen County Council On Aging, where we met up with the rest of our group. We had a conversation with the staff there about the needs of Lima.
Saturday
Number of hours spent in the library here on campus: 2 and 1/2
Number of papers completed: 1
Success? Yes
The majority of my day was spent working on my paper for my Practice 3 course. I decided to get it out of the way. I then printed out the articles I needed for my next paper (for Practice 1). The library is a great place to go and study/work on papers. It is pretty peaceful and has all of the resources you need.
After working on my paper, I played tennis with a friend. Neither of us are especially good, but we had fun! We even got some good volleys going.
My boyfriend came to visit. He and I and many other friends then went to Findlay. We ate at a great restaurant called Bellacino's. They serve Italian style food... Sooo good, and not overly expensive. I highly recommend it. Then we went to Wal-Mart. This is always an adventure. We looked at fish and amused ourselves in electronics. Then, we came back to Bluffton. My roommate, boyfriend, and I watched the Prince of Persia. Good movie, by the way. :-)
Sunday
Number of hours in the library: 3 and 1/2
Number of papers completed: 1
Success: Yes
So glad to have that project out of the way!
The rest of my weekend was spent watching my own personal Gilmore Girls marathon. It's important to treat yourself after a long day of working.
Monday
Go time:6:40am
Stop: Approximately 5:10pm
What occupied that time:
Work, class, class, work, lunch, work, paper to write, work for the social work club...
It is a busy life, the life of a college student. Worth it? Yes. Absolutely. I spent tonight talking and laughing with my friends. We were unwinding from a long day of school and work. Mark my word: It is soooooo important to have good friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment