This week has already proven to be a great deal less stressful than the previous one. I am grateful for that. I went home this past weekend for a friend's college graduation party and came back feeling refreshed. Sometimes, it is a good idea to get away. It can be the difference between being stress free and feeling like you are going to pull your hair out! :-)
Ok... Now let me rewind. On Friday, I went to Chipotle with some friends. Mmmm.... Chipotle... It is sooo delicious. That might just be my stomach talking, but it is pretty darn tasty! THAT can also be a great way to clear your mind-get out of your everyday routine. Spend time with your friends. Spend time by yourself. Go for a walk. Or, in my case, go to Chipotle and Wal-Mart. It might be hard to believe that a simple trip out to eat and Wal-Mart could be some kind of cure all, but it really is. Seriously, over the past three years (not including this upcoming year), I cannot count the number of Waffle House runs that were followed by a trip to Wal-Mart. There might not have been a need to buy anything, but it can be fun. Trust me! College Wal-Mart trips are different than ones you make at home. :)
My mention of Waffle House reminds me: I made a visit there Friday night as well. It is a definite late night run. Yum! I headed home Saturday for the grad party and was back here on Sunday. That same night, I am (slightly) ashamed to admit, I made a Taco Bell run with my roommate and two other friends of ours. If you are noticing a theme, then you have been paying close attention. This blog seems rooted in food! Sometimes, you need a break from Marbeck. And a late night trip to one or more of my aforementioned "haunts" is always a nice break from studying.
Yesterday, I did the usual (classes and the like). I feel like we are getting into a bit more of the actual content. I have Intro to Graphic Design and Social Welfare Policy and Analysis on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's always nice when you start to feel like you are diving into material that interests you! Last night, I did some reading and then a group of us went up to the Shannon. The Shannon is the movie theatre in town. It is a great place to go in town. It's $3 per person. That's a deal. Plus they have popcorn/drink combos. ;-) We saw Dinner for Schmucks-pretty funny but no overly in-depth plot.
Right now I am getting ready to head to lunch and them to my 1:00 class-Practice 3: Macro. It's another social work class that deals with a social worker's role in the community. I am planning on some homework and reading. Then, some time to relax!
No comments:
Post a Comment