This past week has been really good. Well, really good and really busy! The week after Fall Break always does two things to me. 1. It makes me a bit sad when the next week comes because I find that week to be VERY long. 2. Makes me realize everything I have to do. On the other hand, I have gotten so much done. THAT is a great feeling. In college, you have to realize that there is always a bit more to do. BUT there is always so much to look forward to!
I had a paper due yesterday, and I got that out of the way. It made me a bit nervous to hand it in, since I wasn't quite sure it was what my professor wanted. However, I was also immensely relieved! Whoo--one paper done and out of the way!
On Wednesday, I met with Kathy Dickson about my resume and grad school process. I am slowly working on getting both of them done. It is a lot of work, but dividing it up helps. Also, I know how happy I will be when it's all done. Knowing you have completed something is a huge relief. It is also exciting. It is like tackling a small (or, in my case, large one) goal!
Yesterday, I called BINGO at the Mennonite Memorial Home. Usually, there are classes where you are asked to do some kind of service work. In the past, I have done things at the MMH. This year, I am doing it just to help them out. That is one of the great things about Bluffton--it has given me a lot of chances to get involved with the community. I also met with someone for a class project, afterwards. It was a mini interview. Afterwards, I went to Chipotle and relaxed in my room with some television. A friend and I then went down to Bob's for some food. We got there just in time to see the MCB (Marbeck Center Board) get to the best part of the evening (in my opinion). We saw one of the members get "pied." They made a whip cream pie, and he had it smeared over him. MCB members are good sports--you'd have to be!
Today, I went to the library to work on some homework. I am really getting into using the library as my study area. In the past years, I have gone there off and on, but I have found it to be a real haven this year.
Tonight is the Homecoming Dance! I am very excited. I love to dance... Even though I am slightly silly while doing so. I will try to report back on the "festivities" ASAP. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment