Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Break

Fall break is one of those times: it is both relaxing and just a bit stressful. Fall Break started this past Friday. It was a break that is much needed by my friends and I. While we enjoy being at school, a nice break always helps to alleviate some stress.

On Friday, I went to the Mennonite Memorial Home. I call BINGO there in the Alzheimer's ward. I always look forward to calling BINGO. The residents are so nice, and I like being able to help put on an activity they enjoy. The woman who is normally there was not able to be there Friday. She asked if I would be ok calling by myself. I felt that it was important for me to do so. Many of the residents look forward to BINGO. I headed home after BINGO. Friday night was relaxing. I managed to fit in some TV and got some much needed sleep.

On Saturday, I went to Woosterfest (a local spin on Oktoberfest) with my parents. This was a lot of fun. Woosterfest itself wasn't overly exciting, but it was great to spend the afternoon with my parents. Sunday consisted of more resting. I have been pretty tired lately, and the sleep was needed greatly.

Today is filled with homework! I am working on my Social Welfare Policy and Analysis paper. It is keeping me busy today. Updates to come.

I am excited for this coming weekend: Homecoming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment