It is unbelievable how fast time flies; it really is. I cannot believe that the end of October is almost here! How can that be? It seems like just a few days ago, I was moving into school. Now, the end of my second month has almost come to an end. I guess that's what happens when there is so much to do!
It has been a truly hectic week. I had a Process Recording due today. A Process Recording is a project for my Social Work Practice 1 class. We had to interview an elderly individual and record our thoughts, feelings, and observations. The project, itself, was quite time-consuming. I also have a paper on an agency and how policy impacts its functioning die tomorrow. I have been working hard to get everything done. Luckily, I took my test of the week today. I am relieved to know that it is over. It can quite overwhelming at times when there are numerous things due at once.
Luckily, Tuesday provided a bright spot for me. Three of my friends and I decided to have a girls' night. We ordered pizza and talked. That was really fun. It is SO important to take time for yourself in school. I cannot say that enough! If you don't, you get burnt out so easily. Tuesday night was also the Breast Cancer Awareness Forum that was sponsored by the Social Work Club. Being an officer these past few weeks has kept me very busy! We were working hard to make sure that the panel (a group of people to talk about breast cancer) came together. I and two other officers also made and presented a PowerPoint that discussed the myths of breast cancer and facts that concerned men and women. We had a doctor and a woman and her daughter on the panel. The woman is currently battling breast cancer. Her story was so powerful. As you can tell, the social work club has been busy! We are also going trick-or-canning (collecting cans for a food bank) next Thursday. Then, we will be planning a Thanksgiving Dinner!!!
Oh wow! It's been such a busy week... I think I need a nap. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment