Monday, November 15, 2010

Chaos Breeds Chaos

Oh my goodness! I feel like many of my blogs start out with a similar sentiment! Today has been hectic. My interview for my field placement was cancelled. The woman I was to interview with was out sick. I was a bit thrown off by this development. Today has been filled with me trying to get a hold of people and get things "hammered" out. I am heading up, with the gracious help of many others, the Social Work Thanksgiving Dinner. The people helping have been amazing and steadfast in their assistance. However, I have been typing like mad to make sure things are in place for a successful event. I also scheduled for classes today. It was my last time scheduling for classes at Bluffton University. It is a really daunting thing, looking at it now. I also have a few assignments due and a test this week. They have been keeping me quite stressed and in edge.

Luckily, I did have a nice visit home. This was a much needed break from school. I think that we can forget to take time for ourselves. We can forget to "self-care". This is so important throughout one's entire life. I was able to spend some time with my parents, as well as just relax.

On top of everything else, I am reconsidering the direction of my life. That happens a lot too. I am considering applying for jobs and graduate school and seeing what comes from that. If I can find a desirable job, I might just go part time at a graduate school. I have yet to decide what is the best path for me. There are so many opportunities ahead, but they can often disguise themselves as obstacle and nothing else. Just work with and around those obstacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment