Sunday, November 28, 2010

Coming Back from Break

Coming back from Thanksgiving Break is always a positive and negative time of the semester. It is exciting because it's nearing the end of the semester. It is also quite terrifying because it's the end of the semester. Also, I don't want to come back to school--that means end-of-the-year papers and projects. It is good to see friends though.

I left Bluffton Tuesday around 3:30. I had to go to Lima for a class. We attended a Thanksgiving meal that was hosted by the Heart of Lima Neighborhood Association. We had a chance to meet some community members and enjoy food and live music.

I had such a great break. It was relaxing. That is what I love about breaks. They give me a chance to rejuvenate my batteries. I am very much looking forward to Christmas Break. I did get a chance to do some homework (never an event to look forward to). On Wednesday, my boyfriend and I went out with my best friend and her boyfriend. We ate at Cheddar's and went to see Harry Potter. It was great to catch up with her. I am telling you-it is important to stay in touch with your friends from back home!

Thursday was so much fun. My parents and I ventured up to Defiance, where my boyfriend's parents live. We joined them, his siblings, and grandmother for lunch. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving spread and played board gamed. It was so much fun to just sit around and talk, play games, and laugh. Afterwards, we went home and relaxed. I took a nap and then worked on some homework.

Friday was dedicated to sleep and more homework (notice the trend?). Saturday was a girls' day out. My mom and I went to Wooster and went shopping. We made several shops. The main mission of the day was to find clothing for my internship. I searched high and low. I found a few things that should work nicely. I got my haircut, as well. My mom and I also went to see Harry Potter. I love the movie, and my mom really wanted to see it. Afterwards, I got some Chipotle for the road. Once I was home, I finished up a PowerPoint.

Today, I got some more needed rest and "perfected" my PowerPoint. I headed back to Bluffton and arrived around 4:45. I worked on finding some research and then finished up yet another paper! I got myself some East of Chicago and enjoyed some House. It has been a good break, but I can feel the weight of these last few weeks coming up!

Here I go...!

No comments:

Post a Comment