It has been a very jam-packed week. I turned in my two papers that were do. My Macro group met on Tuesday evening and we completed our paper. It got taken care of pretty quickly. Hard work can do that. :) That paper got turned in on Thursday. My Christian Values essay that was due Wednesday got pushed back until Friday. That gave me a chance to get feedback and perfect the paper.
On Wednesday, Chris (my boyfriend) and I had lunch with Chris's sister and her son. The baby is only six months, and he is as cute as a button! We ate at Jeanne's kitchen, here in Bluffton. Then we took her around to a few of the local stores. It was a really nice visit. The next day, we went up to Chris's parents' place. His sister was staying there during her visit. I got to play with her son, who is adorable. Chris's sister made us a vegetarian Mexican dinner: vegetarian tacos and enchiladas. It was a really tasty meal!
Thursday night, a few students from my Macro class met in order to decide what would appear in the survey that our class will be passing out. The survey is meant to help the Neighborhood Association of Lima. This organization is one that looks to unify the citizens of Lima. Our class is doing our project around the requests of the Neighborhood Association.
On Friday, my roommate and I went to an event called the CONNECTS Event. It was held at Davis Community College in Toledo, Ohio. The event focused on networking. There was a speaker, Jill Marie, who taught us the "etiquette" of networking. The skills included a firm handshake, eye contact, appropriate "commercials" (introductions of oneself and information about oneself), and more. It was an interesting opportunity. We met local business professionals and students from over eighteen schools (i.e. Defiance, Lourdes, etc.). We went with Kathy Dickson. She is the leader of the Career Development Center (CDC). That night, my roommate and I went to Bellacino's in Findlay. We had a roommates' night out. It was good to catch up. Even though we are roommates, we are both very busy and don't see each other as much.
Today, I went to lunch with one of my friends. It was a little day out. Before that, I had coffee with my boyfriend, folded some laundry, and watched an episode of House. Very exciting stuff, isn't it. (Laughs)
This is a good weekend because I don't have much due next week. It gives me a chance to relax some.
No comments:
Post a Comment